Professor of Sacramental and Liturgical Theology
Mount St. Mary’s Seminary and School of Theology in Cincinnati, Ohio, forms men and women to follow Christ faithfully and serve His mission by fulfilling their vocations in the Church. Through its two divisions (Mt. St. Mary’s Seminary of the West and the School of Theology) it prepares men for the Catholic priesthood and men and women for various roles in the Church.
Mount St. Mary’s Seminary and School of Theology invites applications for the position of professor of Sacramental and Liturgical Theology.
The ordinary teaching load is 9 hours per semester, and includes courses in the M.Div., M.A. in Theology, M.A in Pastoral Ministry programs, and in the formation of permanent deacon candidates.
The requirements for this position are:
1. A practicing Catholic, faithful to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church; must have a willingness to make the Profession of Faith and Oath of Fidelity and to seek the mandatum from the Archbishop of Cincinnati.
2. A terminal degree — S.T.D., S.L.D., or Ph.D. — by the time of appointment.
3. Demonstrated competency in the area of Sacramental and Liturgical Theology as understood by the Catholic Church.
4. Commitment to effective teaching, including utilization of technology; willingness to teach introductory courses; and supervision of student theses.
5. Ability to work in a collegial setting and in a manner supportive of the formational goals, programs, and personnel of Mount St. Mary’s Seminary and School of Theology.
6. Carrying out assigned administrative tasks and taking an active part in faculty meetings and committees.
7. Scholarly publication and participation in professional societies and conferences.
Salary and rank are negotiable.
Candidates should submit an application consisting of (1) a cover letter; (2) a curriculum vitae; (3) graduate transcripts; and (4) three letters of recommendation by February 1, 2022.
Rev. David J. Endres, Dean
6616 Beechmont Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45230