This service is provided free to our members and member dioceses. If you would like us to display a job opening, please contact Rita Thiron -- firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-635-6990. Please provide the text in Word format.
Postings over 60 days old will be automatically removed.
Director of Liturgy & Music/Elementary Music Teacher CLARION, PA
Immaculate Conception Parish, a Catholic parish of 600+ families located in Clarion, PA, is seeking a dynamic Director to enhance Liturgy and Music by forming the assembly, cantors and choir in multiple music styles and prayerful worship. Available instruments Yamaha Baby Grand Piano and Protégé by Allen Organ. A complete job description is available at www.icclarion.org. Full-time position with teaching responsibilities at our PreK-6th grade parish school. Must be able to secure all necessary clearances. Competitive compensation package. Interested candidates should e-mail a resume and letter of interest addressed to the Liturgy & Music Task Force to KimKroh@comcast.net.
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC MINISTRY -- Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Catholic Community, Albuquerque, NM
Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Catholic Community is a multicultural, multilingual, multi-generational community of faith of 2,000 families, located on the West Mesa of Albuquerque, New Mexico. We take to heart the Second Vatican Council’s call to full, conscious and active participation in the liturgy by all the faithful.
The Director of Music Ministry is responsible for leading and empowering the music ministers of our community. In collaboration with the Pastoral Associate for Worship and Sacraments, you will work to promote the full, conscious and active participation of the liturgical assembly through sung worship. Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare and direct the overall bilingual music ministry for Sunday liturgies (4), Feast days, Sacramental and devotional celebrations
- Direct music planning for the liturgical seasons and provide resources for the preparation of appropriate music for sacramental celebrations
- Facilitate ministerial collaboration, develop musical excellence, and encourage ongoing formation for parish music ministers
- Track inventory and care of parish instruments (including 2 Rodgers Organs, 2 grand and 2 studio pianos), church sound system and music equipment
- Maintain hymnals and develop worship aids, music supplements, and oversee copyright licenses and reporting
As a Director of Music Ministry in our Catholic Community, you will need:
- A Bachelor Degree in music (or equivalent) and 5 years pastoral experience in parish music ministry leadership
- Competency in piano/organ, choral direction, music arranging, and leading the sung worship of the liturgical assembly
- A working knowledge of Roman Catholic liturgy documents and their pastoral application
- Communication (bilingual English/Spanish is beneficial), team building, leadership, and organization skills
- The capacity to minister in a Vatican II pastoral environment with people of varying age, culture, background, and language
This full time position includes weekend, evening, and some holiday working hours. In return we offer a competitive salary, health and retirement benefits, flexible office hours, and opportunities for ongoing learning and career development.
Are you ready to join our ministry team?
Contact Barbara@holyrosaryabq.org to request a complete job description and application package.