If you would like us to display a job opening in your location, please contact Sarah by email or phone: email@example.com or 202-635-6991. Postings over 60 days old will be automatically removed.
DIRECTOR, OFFICE OF WORSHIP
The Diocese of Grand Rapids in Grand Rapids, Michigan is seeking a full-time Director of the Office for Worship who is dedicated to promoting and supporting liturgical life throughout the diocese.
The director will work closely with the Director of Music and Cathedral staff to plan and coordinate diocesan liturgies as well as train and assist with the ongoing development of parish professionals and volunteer liturgical ministers. The director also serves as ex-officio chairperson of the Church Art and Architecture Commission and reviews the diocesan *Sacramental Policies and Guidelines Handbook* and makes recommendations for updating.
Candidates must possess an advanced degree in liturgy (preferred) or related field with specialization in liturgical studies, liturgy and music or equivalent and be a practicing member of the Roman Catholic church supporting the philosophy, values, doctrine and mission of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Grand Rapids. Must have familiarity with liturgical resources including ritual books of Roman Rite, episcopal ceremonial and contemporary liturgical law and practice.
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Laura Ploof, Director of Human Resources, Diocese of Grand Rapids, 360 Division Ave South, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, or dogrhr@DioceseOfGrandRapids.org
DIRECTOR OF LITURGY AND MUSIC, SACRED HEART PARISH, NEWTON, MA
Sacred Heart Parish is an active and engaged community of faith with a long history of excellence in music and liturgy. The parish’s musical ensembles are grounded in the classical and traditional sacred music of the Catholic Church, but have also become familiar with contemporary, spiritual, jazz, and other styles of liturgical music in recent years. The parish is seeking a dynamic liturgist/musician who understands the importance of liturgy in the life of the parish, and is able to successfully facilitate the “full, active, and conscious participation” of the nearly 800 families who worship at Sacred Heart.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- All aspects of music for Sunday/Vigil Masses, as well as liturgies on Holy Days of Obligation, during the Triduum, on secular holidays such as Thanksgiving, and for para-liturgical celebrations such as Lenten Penance Services and musical concerts.
- The music at all wedding and funeral liturgies.
- The recruiting, scheduling and training of all musicians and liturgical ministers (i.e. ushers, sacristans, environment, servers, lectors, Ministers of Communion, etc.)
- Being central to the liturgical planning in Sacred Heart Parish, and sitting on the parish’s Liturgy Committee as member or chair.
- Assisting in the implementation of the Sacred Heart and Our Lady’s Collaborative Pastoral Plan, with a special focus on the promotion of ideas and execution of decisions that lead to a more meaningful and engaging liturgy.
- A full job description, including salary range and benefits, can be found on the Sacred Heart and Our Lady’s Collaborative website at: http://www.sholnewton.org/employment-opportunities
- A Master’s degree in liturgy, music, or equivalent is preferred
- 5-10 Years of experience in parish liturgical or music ministry
- Proficiency in a primary instrument is required (church instruments include a Rodgers 2-Manual Organ and a Yamaha C7 Grand Piano)
About the Parish
Sacred Heart Parish is part of the Sacred Heart and Our Lady’s Collaborative in Newton, Massachusetts; a suburban city bordering the City of Boston. The parish is joined in the collaborative by Our Lady Help of Christians Parish (also in Newton), and the Deaf Community of the Archdiocese of Boston that worships at Sacred Heart Church. Situated near one of the main subway lines (the “T”), Sacred Heart is located in a very desirable area of Metropolitan Boston, and has seen a steady number of young professionals and young families in recent years join the worshipping community. Learn more about the Sacred Heart and Our Lady’s Collaborative at sholnewton.org.
Please submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to: Brian Romer Niemiec, Pastoral Associate,