This service is provided free to our members and member dioceses. If you would like us to display a job opening, please contact Rita Thiron -- email@example.com or 202-635-6990. Please provide a BRIEF text in Word format.
Postings over 60 days old will be automatically removed.
COORDINATOR OF LITURGY: St. Patrick Catholic Community, Scottsdale, AZ
Under the direct supervision of the Pastor, the Coordinator of Liturgy develops, implements and evaluates all aspects of liturgy on weekends, major feast days and special liturgical celebrations; recruits, trains, oversees, supports, evaluates and fosters leadership within liturgical ministries; oversees the rites for celebrants; serves as a resource person for the parish in the implementation of the RCIA and all sacrament celebrations; desires to be a part of a team who has a Vatican II vision of the church. Performs any other position-related tasks as deemed necessary and/or assigned by the Pastor or Director of Pastoral Activities.
This is a full-time position. A Master’s Degree or BA in Liturgy or Theology or the equivalent education and experience is required. For a complete job description, please visit: https://stpatcc.org/meet-us/links-and-forms/
MINISTER OF LITURGY AND MUSIC - The Paulist Center, 5 Park Street, Boston, MA 02108.
A progressive, active, inclusive, intentional Roman Catholic Community in downtown Boston seeks full-time Minister of Liturgy and Music. Liturgy responsibilities: coordinate liturgical ministries; prepare liturgies with pastoral staff and lay ministers. Music responsibilities: coordinate active program for liturgies and special events; provide direction for several music groups, instrumentalists and cantors; proficiency on piano or guitar. (Please note, our chapel does not have an organ.) Familiarity with Finale Music Notation Software and some technical ability to coordinate the livestream of Sunday liturgy (with VMix software), or the ability to quickly learn these packages due to familiarity with similar ones, is required.
Salary commensurate with experience. Available July/August 2021. Please send letter, resume & references to Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be assessed as they are received. Candidates of interest to the Center will be asked to provide a sample of their instrumental, vocal, and choral conducting abilities before being invited for a personal interview. No phone calls. Email applications and inquiries only.
DIRECTOR OF SACRED MUSIC – St. Michael’s Cathedral, Diocese of Springfield, MA
St. Michael’s Cathedral is an urban and diverse parish in Western Massachusetts. Providing sacred music for the weekly liturgy and pontifical celebrations are the cornerstone of this music ministry. We are seeking a committed Catholic who can fulfill the part time role of the Music Director and Chief Organist. This ministerial classified position is located within the Office of Worship, and reports to the Rector of the Cathedral and the Director of the Office of Worship.
This position requires collaboration with a diverse group of musicians, and parishioners. The Director is responsible for the coordination and execution of sacramental and pontifical musical accompaniment.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Catherine Farr, Director, Human Resources email@example.com
For a full position description, visit: www.diospringfield.org/employment
DIRECTOR OF LITURGY AND MUSIC -- CATHEDRAL OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST, MILWAUKEE
The Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist located in downtown Milwaukee is seeking to hire a full-time Director of Liturgy and Music. The Director of Liturgy and Music is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the parish’s liturgical life. This person, a professional who holds specialized credentials in music and has a thorough understanding of Roman Catholic liturgy, serves the parish as principal musician, organist and choir director according to the highest professional standards established by this profession. This person of faith is responsible for the effective planning, coordination, and execution of both the rituals and music for the Cathedral parish liturgies that enhance the “full, conscious, active participation of the faithful” of the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist parish.
- Function as principal organist and choir director.
- Collaborate with the Vice Rector and with other members of the parish staff, integrating his or her own area of responsibility with the overall parish mission.
- Supervise Sacristan/Liturgy Associate, Assistant Organist, and directors of other ensembles.
- Prepare and manage the budgets of the liturgy, music, and Fine Arts departments in collaboration with the Business Manager and the Vice Rector.
- Provide for music and musicians for all Sunday and other major celebrations, including weddings, funerals, Advent vespers, Lenten vespers, first reconciliation, etc.
- Build repertoire and encourage participation of parish community in singing at various liturgies.
- Consult on music with parishioners preparing for sacramental liturgies, e.g., Weddings, Funerals, Quinceaneras, etc.
- Train, direct, supervise and expand choirs, ensembles and volunteer cantors, etc. in accord with parish evangelization efforts.
- Coordinate the Mass schedules between the choirs and ensembles.
- Serve as a resource regarding music, helping to educate staff, ministers of music, and congregation in developing their potentials to understand the role of music in worship and to celebrate liturgies of musical quality.
- Ensure that all details regarding the liturgical life of the parish are properly planned, thoroughly prepared and skillfully executed.
- Select and develop participation aids for the congregation.
- Work with Sacristan/Liturgy Associate on the preparation of all Cathedral parish liturgies, including but not limited to Saturday evening and Sunday Masses, holy days, Triduum, vespers, weddings, funerals, quinceaneras and Thanksgiving Day.
- Collaborate as needed with other staff members on the preparation of prayer services and devotions.
- Collaborate as needed with Archdiocesan staff e.g. ordinations, Chrism Mass, episcopal funerals.
- Keep abreast of developments in sacramental theology, liturgy, the requirements of Canon Law, liturgical practice nationally and Archdiocesan policies and guidelines, and update the parish on these matters.
- Work to foster unity among all parish musicians, and to create a sprit of harmony with the presider and other liturgical ministers.
- Practicing Catholic who respects and upholds Catholic Church teaching with understanding of the unique role of the Cathedral church in the Archdiocese.
- Masters in music – preferably organ performance and a minimum of four (4) years of Catholic parish experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Church documents that govern and direct liturgy and sacred music
- Working knowledge of liturgical Spanish preferred
- Skill as an effective choral conductor as demonstrated by formal credentials and/or a choral audition (rehearsal).
- Ability and desire to lead and sustain a program of quality congregational singing.
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and volunteers
- Able to honor and maintain confidentiality
- Strong computer skills
To see complete job description please email Nancy Kerns, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation: This is a full time, salaried, benefit-eligible position. The Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, Life/AD&D, and long-term disability insurance, and pension.
Send cover letter and resume to: Director of Liturgy and Music Search Committee, Attn: Nancy Kerns, 3501 South Lake Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53207 Kernsn@archmil.org
DIRECTOR OF WORSHIP – CHURCH OF THE RESURRECTION, DUBUQUE, IA
We are a vibrant parish with 2,400 families, seeking a full-time Director of Worship. The successful candidates’ key responsibilities will require experience and expertise as a Parish Music Coordinator and Liturgy Director. Responsibilities will include directing, planning and coordinating the parish music programs for all weekend liturgies, Holy Days, and funerals. Utilize an established software program to schedule liturgical ministers; coordinate the art and environment for the parish worship spaces; prepare slide presentations for Mass and other liturgical services; oversee the working condition of existing audio-visual equipment; and be an integral and active part of the parish staff. This is a full-time exempt position, beginning July 1, 2021.
- College degree or better (bachelor’s required) in music, music ministry, liturgy, or equivalent experience
- Practicing Catholic willing to engage in the faith life of our parish which he/she serves and leads
- Thorough understanding of Roman Catholic liturgical theology and foundational liturgical planning experience
- Demonstrated vocal and keyboard/piano proficiency
- Organizational skills, patience, ability to collaborate with parishioners and parish staff
- Flexibility to accommodate an irregular work schedule
Complete job description is available on the parish website: www.res-dbq.org
Submission deadline is June 15, 2021, although applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled. To apply, please submit the following application materials to DBQ058S3@DBQARCH.ORG.
- Cover letter (PDF)
- Resume (PDF)
- Contact information for three references (PDF)
- Worship video link 3-5 minutes in length demonstrating the applicant’s musical proficiencies
REVISED AND UPDATED -POSTED 5-26-2021