This service is provided free to our members and member dioceses. If you would like us to display a job opening, please contact Rita Thiron -- email@example.com or 202-635-6990. Please provide the text in Word format.
Postings over 60 days old will be automatically removed.
DIRECTOR, OFFICE OF WORSHIP -- ARCHDIOCESE OF CINCINNATI
The Archdiocese of Cincinnati is seeking to fill the position of Director for the Office of Divine Worship & Sacraments. The Director of the Office for Divine Worship & Sacraments is responsible for the ongoing liturgical formation and renewal of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Below is a list of some of the duties & responsibilities. Please click to view the full job description.
Plans/implements special projects as directed by the Archbishop (i.e. Light is On for You, Jubilee Year of Mercy, Outpouring, Year of the Eucharist, Year of Paul, etc.); researches and provides answers to liturgical questions of Archbishop, clergy, and lay persons; reads and comments on new liturgical documents at the Archbishop’s request; prepares and responds to letters/emails of a liturgical nature, including those at the request of the Archbishop; Oversee special projects related to new liturgical rites/norms/decrees; Oversee the writing and publishing of archdiocesan liturgical ministry resources/publications: Celebrating Marriage, Preparing Funeral Liturgies, Eucharistic Adoration and Exposition Guidelines, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion: A Parish Formation Program, A House of Salvation and Grace, Church Musician Employment & Salary Guidelines, Guidelines for Purchasing a New Organ, and others as needed; At the request of the Archbishop, oversees development of diocesan liturgical guidelines; upon approval, communicates them to priests, deacons, and parish communities; Chairs the Archdiocesan Worship Commission and its sub-committees; Does Chair: RCIA Consultation Group, Revitalizing Sacramental Ministry; collaborates with committee chair persons, develops meeting agendas and attends meetings of the Worship Commission and its standing sub-committees; provides liturgical formation programs as advised by the Worship Commission and its sub-committees; Regularly communicates any upcoming events, liturgical announcements, and new guidelines with pastors, deacons, pastoral ministers, and parish members through Clergy Communications, AOC Worship Office web page, Worship Office monthly e-newsletter, mailings, and social media.
The Director of the Office for Divine Worship & Sacraments should possess the following qualifications: a minimum of a SLL, a STL in Sacramental Theology/Liturgy, or a Master’s degree in Liturgy or Liturgical Studies with pastoral experience at the diocesan or parish level; working knowledge of the Church’s liturgical documents; excellent communication skills, written and verbal; the ability to work with clergy, pastoral ministers and the lay faithful; the ability to develop necessary programming to meet the liturgical needs of the Archdiocese; proficient in Microsoft Office and uses modern communications technology.
Please send letter of interest, resume and Application for Employment to: The Department of Human Resources, 100 E. Eighth St., Cincinnati, OH 45202 or apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is January 4, 2019.
*Employment is contingent on successful completion of all background checks and VIRTUS requirements.
Spanish Language Music Editor
A full-time position is available as of January 2, 2019 at our Franklin Park, Illinois headquarters.
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Undergraduate degree in music or its equivalent, with thorough knowledge of music notation, including keyboard, guitar, and vocal conventions
- Proficiency in keyboard or guitar performance
- Ability to compose or arrange music is desirable but not required
- Knowledge of and experience with Roman Catholic liturgy and liturgical music
- Familiarity with liturgical traditions and practices in Spanish-speaking Catholic communities in the U.S.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Proven project management skills and experience
- Attention to detail and care for quality
- Creativity, flexibility, and a collaborative spirit
- Facility with Microsoft® Word®
- Basic skills with Microsoft® Excel®
- Familiarity with or aptitude to acquire basic skills with Adobe® InDesign® CC and Finale® music notation software is desirable but not essential
- Choose music for bilingual and Spanish worship resources in collaboration with editorial team
- Manage keyboard and guitar editions for Spanish and bilingual worship resources
- Maintain database of Spanish and bilingual worship resource music titles
- Acquire new Spanish and bilingual liturgical music
- Oversee arrangements and publication of Spanish and bilingual liturgical music
- Keep current with and advise WLP about the liturgical music needs of Spanish-speaking Catholics in the U.S.
- Oversee recordings of Spanish and bilingual music
- Attend conferences on behalf of WLP as needed
- Present workshops, music reading sessions, and other educational events in English and Spanish on behalf of WLP as needed
Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm in the Franklin Park office.
Submit resume to: Mary Beth Kunde-Anderson, Director of Publications, World Library Publications, the music and liturgy division of J.S. Paluch Co., Inc., 3708 River Road, Suite 400
Franklin Park, Illinois 60131-2158 Email: AndersonM@jspaluch.com
Editor de Música en español WLP, CHICAGO
Este puesto de trabajo de tiempo completo estará disponible a partir del 2 de enero de 2019 en las oficinas centrales en Franklin Park, Illinois.
Requisitos del puesto de trabajo
- Fluidez en español e inglés
- Licenciatura en música o equivalente, con un solido conocimiento de notación musical, incluyendo teclado, guitarra y anotaciones vocales
- Dominio en la ejecución del teclado o guitarra
- Habilidad para componer y hacer arreglos musicales es deseable pero no se requiere
- Conocimiento de y experiencia en la litúrgica católica de rito romano y música litúrgica
- Estar familiarizado con las tradiciones y practicas litúrgicas en comunidades católicas hispanohablantes en los Estados Unidos
- Sólida capacidad para comunicarse interpersonalmente
- Habilidad y experiencia demostrable en administración de proyectos
- Atención a los detalles y cuidado en la calidad
- Tener una personalidad colaboradora, creativa y flexible
- Estar familiarizado con el ambiente Microsoft® Word®
- Habilidades básicas con Microsoft® Excel®
- Es deseable pero no esencial estar familiarizado o tener una aptitud para adquirir los conocimientos básicos de Adobe® InDesign® CC y el software Finale® de notación musical
- Seleccionar la música bilingüe y español para los recursos para el culto, en colaboración con el equipo editorial
- Administrar las ediciones en español y bilingüe para el teclado y la guitarra de los recursos para el culto.
- Dar mantenimiento a la base de datos de los títulos de los recursos musicales en español y bilingües
- Adquirir música litúrgica nueva en español y bilingüe
- Supervisar los arreglos y la publicación de la música litúrgica en español y bilingüe
- Estar actualizado con y aconsejar a WLP de las necesidades musicales litúrgicas de los católicos hispanohablantes en Estados Unidos
- Supervisar las grabaciones de la música en español y bilingües
- Asistir a conferencias representando a WLP, según sea necesario
- Ofrecer talleres, presentaciones de música y otros eventos educativos en español e inglés en nombre de WLP, según sea necesario
Horario de trabajo
Lunes a viernes de 8:30 am a 5:00 pm en las oficinas de Franklin Park
Envíe su resume a: Mary Beth Kunde-Anderson, Directora de Publicaciones, World Library Publications, el departamento de música y liturgia de J.S. Paluch Co., Inc., 3708 River Road Suite 400, Franklin Park, Illinois 60131-2158. Email: AndersonM@jspaluch.com
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC MINISTRIES
A large, vibrant parish located in the Metro Valley of West Virginia is looking for a pastoral musician. Responsibilities include overseeing the selection of music for liturgies, substituting for our organist, directing the choir, cantoring when necessary, preparing worship aids and expanding our current music program. Candidates should have a BA degree or higher in a music field, or other field, if musically trained, excellent organ/keyboard/choral conducting skills and vocal technique and be familiar with music notation software. A practicing Catholic is preferred but not required. Must have a knowledge Catholic theology. Conversant with a variety of liturgical styles including contemporary, classical, and traditional. Willingness to execute music planning for the liturgical year with a blended approach that will enable the assembly to sing. Working hours are flexible and include weekends and some evenings. Complete job description available upon request. Please send résumés to: Bernadette McMasters Kime, Office of Worship and Sacraments, PO. Box 230, Wheeling, WV 26003 or email email@example.com
Résumé submissions will be accepted until the position is filled.
THE LITURGICAL PRESS -- Parish Market Publisher
Reporting to the Director, the Parish Market Publisher is responsible for overall financial and mission performance of the parish market sector, including acquisition of product, product development, and the marketing of all parish market products. Publisher controls marketing budget for all parish products and is responsible for maximizing sales for all Liturgical Press content within the parish market.
- In consultation with Director and management, creates product plan for parish market.
- Subject to acquisition protocol, acquires or commissions content to meet identified needs within the parish market.
- As appropriate, liaises with or manages outside content developers, i.e. Little Rock Scripture Study, TeamRCIA, or independent acquisitions editors.
- Negotiates and executes contracts with authors or providers of content for parish market.
- Critiques manuscripts in process; reviews and approves manuscripts on submission.
- Reviews and approves all product features, designs, product specifications, and pricing.
- In consultation with sales and marketing and IT, and in coordination with other market sector publishers, works with Associate Publisher to create the annual parish market business plan.
- Supervises sales and marketing and information technology budget expenditures for parish market.
- Approves or delegates approval of all sales and marketing and information technology efforts in all formats or methods.
- Directs, and participates as needed, in the Press’ representation at parish market conferences.
- Creates and directs research to identify needs within the parish market.
- Networks with individuals and organizations serving the parish market.
- Represents Lit Press at conferences serving parishes and pastoral ministers, including parish ministry associations.
- Hires and supervises parish market department staff.
- Represents parish market department on Lit Press Management Team.
- Participates as needed in Board of Advisors meetings.
- Prefer advanced degree in field related to parish market subjects that are focus of the Press.
- Significant experience in book or periodical publishing, in print or electronic formats. Religious publishing experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Roman Catholic doctrine and practice.
- Proven managerial skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of the Press’ operation.
- Team worker.
- Identifies with and supports the mission of the Order of Saint Benedict.
DIRECTOR OF WORSHIP, Good Shepherd Catholic Parish, Indiana
An active, vibrant Parish of 1049 families and 3055 parishioners in Vanderburgh County, Indiana, Good Shepherd Catholic Parish located on the east side of Evansville is accepting applications for the full-time salaried position of Director of Worship. The successful candidate will be prepared to plan, lead and participate in liturgical music at all 3 weekend Masses, all School Masses, and other Parish & School Liturgies, i.e., holy days, retreats, missions, communal reconciliations, sacramental celebrations, funerals, weddings and prayer services. The ideal candidate is a competent musician capable of confidently leading, developing, and encouraging others in a positive ministry environment in order to provide quality music that draws the faithful into prayerful worship. The Director of Worship reports to the Pastor, collaborates with Parish Staff and is a key participant in executing the Pastor's vision for reverent, transformative, and inspiring liturgy.
For a complete Job Description for the Director of Worship position, please visit our parish website at gsparish.org. Interested individuals may submit applications or inquiries to the hiring committee via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Liturgical Ministries Coordinator , Adrian Dominican Sisters, Adrian, MI
The Adrian Dominican Sisters are accepting applications for a Full Time Liturgical Ministries Coordinator for our Motherhouse Campus in Adrian, MI.
In this role you will be responsible for: Planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating the liturgical prayer life on the Adrian Dominican Sisters campus in collaboration with the Liturgical Ministries Advisory Committee. Examples of celebrations include daily Mass, Dominican feasts, Jubilees, Rites of Formation/Commitment, funerals, feasts of the annual liturgical calendar, etc.
What We Offer: When you join our team, you will enjoy an excellent benefit package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short term and long term disability, life insurance and a defined benefit pension plan. Paid time off, holiday pay, and tuition reimbursement though Siena Heights University.
Compensation: full time, salaried position.
Hours: Day shift with some evening, holiday and weekend hours, particularly Sundays.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures all liturgical events are well planned and celebrated with coordination of effort, collaboration, and maximum participation.
- Oversees the preparation of liturgical celebrations appropriate to the liturgical seasons: Advent, Christmas, Paschal Mystery (Lent, Holy Week, and Easter), Pentecost, and Ordinary Time.
- Communicates effectively with sacramental ministers (priests), music minister, sacristan, and chairs Liturgical Ministries Advisory Committee, which assists in planning and implementing liturgical events and educational outreach.
- Serves as a resource for groups/individuals planning or sponsoring celebrations in the Chapel and for Campus events as appropriate.
- Maintains a relationship with the Diocese of Lansing, participating in diocesan sponsored events pertaining to liturgy as appropriate.
- Promotes opportunities for a variety of types of communal prayer
- Promotes the use of a variety of musical compositions and cultural/artistic expressions in liturgical celebrations and prayer.
- Builds relationships with Sisters and recruits volunteers for sacristans, cantors, lectors, alter servers and liturgical ministers.
- Maintains visible presence at campus worship events
- Meets and collaborates regularly with the Liturgical Ministries Advisory Committee.
- Prepares and administers the annual budget of the Department of Liturgical Ministries.
- Oversees the Department of Liturgical Ministries, supervising administrative assistant, music minister, and volunteers.
- Responds appropriately to safety hazards and/or emergencies following written campus procedures. Complies with all safety policies and procedures by practicing good safety and health habits while performing duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor Degree in Theology or equivalent and current education in liturgy required.
Experience: Three to five years experience in liturgical leadership, preferably with women religious.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with older adults who are ill, experiencing memory loss, hospitalized, homebound and with the dying is particularly helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work weekends and rearrange work time to include evenings when necessary.
- Working knowledge of the texts, Rites and Liturgical practices of the Roman Catholic Church, and contemporary resources in worship and ritual practice.
- Openness to a variety of prayer styles to meet the diverse spiritual needs of the Sisters.
- Proficiency using Microsoft products (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time
• At times, it is necessary to walk from one location to another on campus
• Must be sighted and capable of hearing and communicating
• 80-hours per pay period.
For detailed job descriptions and to apply please visit: https://adriandominicans.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Director of Music and Organist St. Vincent de Paul Parish, Wheeling, WV
Dynamic parish seeks a full-time organist and choir director. Four Masses a weekend and weekday evening adult choir rehearsal, Holy Days, special liturgical parish celebrations (i.e. first communion, confirmation). Teach weekday music classes with the students of parish grade school. Presumed familiarity with traditional and contemporary sacred music and an understanding of GIRM with good interpersonal skills for directing cantors and leading choirs. Salary will be dependent upon education and experience. Funerals and weddings are extra stipends. Email Msgr. Paul Hudock at email@example.com with questions and to submit cover letter and resume or CV. (304) 242-0406
ARCHDIOCESE OF SANTA FE – DIRECTOR, OFFICE OF WORSHIP
The Archdiocese of Santa Fe has an opening for the Director of the Office of Worship position beginning December 17, 2018. The Director of the Office assists the Diocesan Bishop in developing, directing and teaching in the areas of liturgy, Christian initiation, pastoral music and the devotional life for the Archdiocese of Santa Fe. Additional information, including a complete job description and application, may be found at www.archdiosf.org.
Submit an application, letter of interest and a current resume by mail, e-mail, online, or in person by September 4, 2018 to: Cathy Salcido, Director of Human Resources, Archdiocese of Santa Fe, 4000 St. Joseph’s Pl NW, Albuquerque NM 87120, Office: 5050-831-8130 firstname.lastname@example.org