This service is provided free to our members and member dioceses. If you would like us to display a job opening, please contact Rita Thiron -- email@example.com or 202-635-6990. Please provide the text in Word format.
Postings over 60 days old will be automatically removed.
DIOCESE OF GREEN BAY -- ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, OFFICE OF DIVINE WORSHIP
The Office of Divine Worship supports the mission and vision of the Diocese of Green Bay through the promotion of the sacred liturgy/catechumenate, assisting in the coordination of the liturgies of the Bishop of Green Bay, and forming and directing the Diocesan Chorale to advance liturgical musical formation throughout the Diocese. The Assistant Director will assist the Director of the Office of Divine Worship to provide parish outreach and formation opportunities, with a specific focus in liturgical music and ministry catechesis. In addition, this position assist in preparing for diocesan and episcopal liturgical celebrations, direct the Diocesan Chorale, and oversee Curia sacramental and devotional opportunities at St. Joseph Chapel; and occasionally MC some episcopal liturgies including transportation of the diocesan bishop, site coordination, and ministry within the liturgy.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
“Embrace the mission and vision of the Catholic Diocese of Green Bay and work in accordance with Catholic Social Teachings and the moral and ethical values of the Catholic Church.”
- Master’s degree required in liturgical/sacred music, or related area preferred.
- A combination of relevant experience and education will be considered.
- Valid driver’s license; insurable through the diocesan automobile insurance plan.
- Knowledge and understanding of local parish sacramental life and culture, including understanding of ministry formation through the lens of discipleship and evangelization.
- Must have a thorough and practical, working knowledge of liturgical documents
- Comprehensive understanding of the role of a master of ceremonies, liturgical ministry, and liturgical music within the sacred liturgy including the Eucharist, Liturgy of the Hours, and popular devotions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Strong conflict management skill; strong interpersonal skills, in particular confidentiality and discretion.
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of MS Office Suite, Finale music editing software, and Adobe Acrobat.
- People-oriented with ability to successfully complete multiple projects and tasks as a team through collaborative leadership and listening skills.
- Familiar with standard office equipment, music equipment, and liturgical supply.
- Skilled in providing direction to persons who serve liturgy; particularly youth.
Familiarity with software programs that support registration, newsletters and design.
Ability to make clear and accurate presentations to groups for liturgical catechesis and ministry formation.
- Ability to serve in the liturgical functions as a master of ceremonies.
- Ability to chauffer the diocesan bishop safely to and from liturgies.
- Must be detail-oriented, patient and able to make decisions in collaboration with others.
- Ability to prioritize and complete projects independently.
- Must be flexible in making changes and able to meet deadlines.
- MA in liturgy
- Musical accompaniment ability and experience in music ministry (ie: choir director, accompanist, cantor, etc.)
- Familiarity and mastery of Finale music editing software
- Qualified Deacon
- Skills in document design and database utilization
- Skills in liturgical music ministry and formation
If interested in this position, please apply at: https://jobapply.page.link/QbtU
DIRECTOR OF WORSHIP – CHEROKEE COUNTY, IOWA
The parishes of Immaculate Conception/ Our Lady of Good Counsel in Iowa seeks a Director of Worship to energize and engage parishioners through music and liturgy for all parish celebrations according to the rituals of the Roman Catholic Church.
RESPONSIBILITIES - include directing and planning seasonal and regularly-schedules weekend and Holy Day liturgies; recruitment, formation, and scheduling of all liturgical ministers including Readers, Altar Servers, Ushers, Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion, musicians, Cantors, etc.; assisting with the parish Faith Formation and RCIA as needed; assisting with the planning of funerals, weddings, and other special occasions; assisting the parish liturgy team; and working in conjunction with the pastor.
REQUIREMENTS - Knowledge and understanding of Roman Catholic Liturgy, minimum of three years’ experience in working with music and liturgy in a parish, Bachelor’s degree in music preferred, experience in directing choirs, skills as an accompanist (on pipe organ and piano) required, and a Roman Catholic in good standing.
Physical and cognitive requirements - include sedentary work [sitting, walking, standing], working at distances close to the eyes; extensive reading and visual interpretation, following written, oral or diagrammatic instructions involving several concrete variables; and some travel for evening and weekend meetings services, and rehearsals. Must pass a background and MVR check.
Available immediately. For more information and/or to apply contact Fr. Mark Stoll at 712-225-4606. Application available on the parish website, https://cherokeecountycatholics.org/job-openings or at the parish office, 720 W Willow St, Cherokee, Iowa.
Administrative Assistant – Office for Divine Worship, Archdiocese of Omaha
The Office of Divine Worship is seeking a qualified and experienced person to assist the diocean music coordinator. He/she will be responsible for calendar management, publishing of printed materials, communication with musicians, and musical support for the entities of the archdiocese and cathedral within the music ministry, the ODW, and the Saint Cecilia Institute for Sacred Liturgy, Music and the Arts (SCI).
The position is full time, non-exempt. Interested applicants should provide their cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references who can attest to the attributes, strengths, and skills as related to the job. For a complete job description and a portal for applications, please visit the Archdiocesan website at https://careers.archomaha.org. The deadline for submissions is February 15, 2021.
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC AND LITURGY -- OUR LADY OF MERCY ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, HARBORCREEK, PA
Our Lady of Mercy Roman Catholic Church, Harborcreek, PA is seeking a Director of Music and Liturgy. A welcoming, engaged community of 600 families, we are committed to spiritual growth, and sharing a vibrant faith. Over 400 of our members serve in more than 55 ministries to meet the needs of the members of our parish and the Harborcreek community.
The full-time Director of Music and Liturgy is actively engaged in the worship life of the parish and leads a music ministry program that includes a mix of cantors, a 20+ voice choir and various instrumentalists to support three liturgies a weekend. Duties include, but are not limited to, accompanying liturgies on a Roland Digital Mini Grand Piano, selection of music; rehearsing and directing the choir; planning special liturgies and creating worship aids as needed. The director oversees all liturgical ministries, assuring their scheduling, training, and ongoing spiritual formation.
candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in music or equivalent experience; strong keyboard skills; vocal skills; and be open to different styles of music; knowledge and understanding of Catholic liturgy and the ability to plan liturgies; and excellent organizational and communication skills.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume with salary requirements and three named references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are encouraged to include a link demonstrating their musical proficiencies and to visit https://www.ourladyofmercychurch.org/about.html to learn more about Our Lady of Mercy, 837 Bartlett Rd, Haborcreek, PA 16421 Phone: 814-899-5342