This service is provided free to our members and member dioceses. If you would like us to display a job opening, please contact Rita -- firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-635-6990. Please provide the text in Word format.
Postings over 60 days old will be automatically removed.
ORGANIST AND DIRECTOR OF SACRED MUSIC -- CATHEDRAL, CORPUS CHRISTI, TX
Job Description: Oversee and execute sacred music ministry in collaboration with the Rector at three Sunday Masses at the Corpus Christi Cathedral. Responsibilities: 1. Prepare and conduct the sacred music for the Sunday Masses (Saturday Vigil Mass 5:30 pm, Sunday 9:30 am and 12:30 pm), holy days of obligation, weddings, and funerals. 2. Select music according to the choir’s and congregation’s abilities. 3. Conduct choir practices for adult and youth choirs. 4. Make up a music list for the choir each week. 5. Continue to grow and enhance our choirs while also developing our musical talent and programming. 6. Facilitate formation of musicians in Liturgy, sacred music, traditional Latin (chant and choral) as well as some contemporary. 7. Meet as needed with Rector regarding Liturgy planning, including reviewing music selections. 8. Schedule accompanists, cantors, musicians, etc.
1. Organ Studies or Organ Performance Degree.
2. Major or a Minor in Choral Conducting.
3. Previous experience as a church musician.
4. Demonstrated music skills, and interest in this type of work.
5. Able to play organ well and demonstrate keyboard ability to effectively lead rehearsals.
6. Interest/ability in chant and Latin.
7. Interest/openness to missionary and evangelistic efforts.
Organ: John Ballard re-did the organs in the late 1970s, early 1980s. Electric key action. Electric stop action. Four manuals. 96 ranks. The organ is in a gallery at the rear of the room and some pipes are exposed. Traditional style console with roll top. The console is in a fixed position, center. Draw knobs in vertical rows on angled jambs. Balanced swell shoes/pedals, standard AGO placement. Adjustable combination pistons. AGO Standard (concave radiating) pedalboard.
For more information, please contact Donald Harris: email@example.com or (361) 883-4213.
DIRECTOR, OFFICE OF WORSHIP -- DIOCESE OF ST. CLOUD, MN
The Diocese of Saint Cloud is currently searching for a creative and collaborative full-time director for the Office of Worship to assist the bishop in fulfilling his role as chief liturgist of the diocese. This person will provide leadership and formation regarding the development of liturgical celebrations, prayer, music, art and environment across the diocese.
The ideal person has a thorough understanding and passion for Catholic liturgy, and can effectively prepare and implement various diocesan liturgies. Excellent communication and pastoral skills in working with clergy, parish lay ecclesial ministers and diocesan staff are important in this role.
Master’s degree in Liturgy, Liturgical Music, Pastoral Ministry, or related field and a minimum of five years of experience with a parish or diocesan liturgical or music ministry preferred. Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite, Sibelius notation software, and graphic design software to produce booklets for liturgies.
Major tasks of this position include:
- Preparing and implementing all major diocesan liturgies, including but not limited to Rite of Election, Chrism Mass, ordinations, funerals for diocesan priests and Diocesan Ministry Day
- Coordinating the bi-weekly taping for the diocesan televised Mass
- Collaborating with the Office of Catholic Education Ministries in the area of formation for RCIA
- Acting as a resource and providing guidance for priests, deacons and lay leaders in the area of liturgical norms for the Diocese of St. Cloud
- Working closely with the newly-created liturgical commission to provide liturgy and worship formation opportunities for leaders and the faithful throughout the diocese
To apply: Please submit all application materials listed on our website by January 26, 2018 http://humanresources.stcdio.org/job-openings/diocesan-job-openings/
Parish and Diocesan Outreach Coordinator – Liturgy Training Publications
Reports to: Marketing and Sales Manager
Description: Liturgy Training Publications is seeking a Parish and Diocesan Outreach Coordinator to establish and maintain relationships with Diocesan offices, parishes, trade accounts and other membership organizations that are key customers and inform them of LTP products and training opportunities. This position will represent LTP to these constituencies and must be approachable and professional. The position will draw on their experience at the parish and/or diocesan level to work with marketing to create meaningful outreach and promotional material.
The successful candidate will enjoy working with people and have the ability to analyze and gather information that will be used by the Editorial and Training and Events Manager to develop new offerings. Listening, synthesizing information and needs assessment are key skills that are needed for success in the position. The position requires someone with strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects, while providing consistent follow up and follow through.
Our organizational culture is a great fit for individuals that believe in our mission and enjoy working in a collaborative environment. We value accountability, respect and support of each other to reach our goals. As an agency of the Archdiocese of Chicago, we offer outstanding health, paid time off and retirement benefits with a recognition of the need to balance work and life.
Experience Required: A college degree in communications, English or related field. Candidates must have a minimum five years’ experience working or volunteering at the parish and/or diocesan level, with an understanding of Catholic liturgy, structures of ministry and parish/parochial school organization. Experience in building and maintaining business relationships and presentation skills are also required.
Additional Requirements: Ability to manage multiple projects and computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Strong writing, organizational and time management skills with a willingness to travel as a representative of the organization. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
To Apply: f you would like to be considered, please submit:
· cover letter describing the reason(s) for your interest and how your experience would benefit the organization
· current resume
· three professional references including job title, phone number, email address
· salary history or desired salary level
to firstname.lastname@example.org , 3949 South Racine Avenue, Chicago, IL 60609, or FAX 773-579-4929. Please include “Parish and Diocesan Outreach Coordinator position” in the subject or attention line. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Full-Time Director of Liturgy and Music --St. Angela Merici Catholic Church, Missouri, TX
We are a ten-year old parish, with a growing, diverse community of mostly young families in Sienna Plantation of Missouri City, Texas. St. Angela Merici Catholic Church is seeking a full-time Director of Liturgy/Music. Academic degree in music, with skills in choral direction and vocal performance along with a strong background in Roman Catholic liturgy are necessary: an academic degree in music or liturgy is preferred.
Skills in piano, organ or keyboard, are a plus.
We are looking for an individual with excellent communication skills who can work collaboratively with our Pastoral team here at the parish and with our Liturgy teams and Music ministry as well. We have just dedicated our new church worship facility on October 30. 2017 and need someone who can lead our Liturgy and Music Ministries.
in meeting the needs of our thriving community.
Responsibilities include formation and on-going training of all liturgical ministers, liturgy and music planning, overseeing scheduling of all ministries, direction/coordination of volunteer music groups (including a children's choir) and coordination of liturgical needs for weddings, funerals and holy days.
Salary and benefits are based on skills and experience.
To apply, please contact Fr. John Cahoon at (281) 778-0400, by email at email@example.com, or send resume to St. Angela Merici Catholic Church, 6140
Hwy 6 South, PMB 99, Missouri City, TX 77459.
COORDINATOR OF CHRISTIAN INITIATION -- ST. MAXIMILIAN KOLBE PARISH, OHIO
5720 Hamilton Mason Rd., Liberty Township, Ohio
Thriving parish of 3,100 households seeks experienced pastoral minister to coordinate formation of families for the sacraments of Baptism (infant and RCIA), First Penance and First Communion, and Confirmation (adolescent & adult). As part of the parish staff, the CCI provides guidance and oversight to parishioner teams who work with candidates preparing for these sacraments. Complete description available upon request. Full-time, 35 hours a week. Master’s degree in pastoral ministry, theology, or related fields preferred. Application Deadline: Tues, 1/23/2018.
PARISH RESOURCES CALENDAR EDITOR WLP, CHICAGO (FRANKLIN PARK)
- Knowledge of and experience with Roman Catholic liturgical calendar
- Familiarity with Roman Catholic traditions, practices, and contemporary parish life
- Facility with Microsoft® Word®
- Basic skills with Microsoft® Excel®
- Proven project management skills and experience
- Attention to detail and care for quality
- Good pastoral judgment
- Sound judgment regarding visual religious art
- Creativity, flexibility, and a collaborative spirit
- Familiarity with or aptitude to acquire basic skills with Adobe® InDesign® CC
- Skill in copy writing and copy editing desired, but not essential
- Basic skills in Spanish and/or Polish desired, but not essential
- Edit four basic calendars and nine additional variations each year
- Compile all necessary text and information for all calendars
- Acquire and/or choose appropriate artwork for all calendars
- Implement process and schedule of design, translation, and proofreading of all calendars in collaboration with WLP Director of Publications and WLP Production Manager
- Edit other book, print, or digital projects as assigned by the Director of Publications
Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm in the Franklin Park office.
Submit resume to:
Mary Beth Kunde-Anderson
Director of Publications
World Library Publications
the music and liturgy division of J.S. Paluch Co., Inc.
3708 River Road
Franklin Park, Illinois 60131-2158
WORSHIP AND MUSIC DIRECTOR, EGG HARBOR, WISCONSIN
Stella Maris Parish, in Northern Door County, is accepting applications for a Worship and Music Minister. The successful candidate will be an active Catholic who has knowledgte of worship and liturgical music, proficiency in keyboard techniques, preferably organ, service playing, knowledge of other instruments, individual and group vocal techniques and choral conduction while prayerfully working from a deep understanding of the foundations of worship.
This position requires travel between parish sites and a flexible work schedule including weekends and evenings. The Worship and Music Minister is a salaried position which reports to the pastor with various employee benefits. The individual is required to have a Bachelor’s Degree in Music or equivalent. Please submit your resume or pick up an application at: Stella Maris Parish Office, Application - Worship and Music Minister, 77 State Highway 42, P O Box 49, Egg Harbor WI 54209-0049
Director, Office of Divine Worship, Diocese of Raleigh, NC
· Assists the Diocesan Bishop in his role as the principal liturgist of the Diocese.
· Serves as a resource on liturgical matters to the Bishop and to the parishes of the Diocese.
· Coordinates all episcopal and Diocesan liturgies, assuming primary responsibility for providing material and ministerial needs of liturgies celebrated in Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral.
· Recommends particular norms and praxis in keeping with the universal liturgical norms of the Church.
· Conducts and is a resource for liturgical formation on the Diocesan and parish levels.
· Coordinates the celebrations of the Sacrament of Confirmation of Catholics.
· Collaborates with the Diocesan Director of Music and support staff.
· Bachelor’s degree in liturgical studies or a closely related field.
· Master’s degree or Licentiate degree in Liturgy or Liturgical Theology preferred.
· Practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
· Proven experience in planning parish liturgies and participating in the preparation of diocesan liturgies.
· Preferred understanding of the Spanish language and Hispanic liturgical customs.
· Strong leadership and communication skills.
· Demonstrated experience in providing formation on both the Diocesan and parish levels.
About the Diocese:
The Catholic Diocese of Raleigh includes the 54 counties of eastern North Carolina, covering just over 32,000 square miles. The Diocese is divided into eight deaneries with a total of 96 parishes, missions and stations, seven centers for campus ministry and 31 schools and early childhood centers.
In addition to a competitive salary, the Diocese provides a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurances and a generous 403(b) plan. To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
FDLC: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The Federation of Diocesan Liturgical Commissions (FDLC) is seeking a part-time administrative assistant. The duties will span three days per week; scheduling can be flexible.
The successful candidate will be a practicing Roman Catholic, skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point; have knowledge of website management (Drupal format); and possess excellent communication, organizational, and administrative skills. College study is preferred. Social media skills and Spanish language proficiency is a plus!
The FDLC is a non-profit, national organization whose members include Worship Office staffs and liturgical commissions from the dioceses of the USA. Our offices are located near the Catholic University Campus, in northeast Washington, D.C.
Salary is negotiable, commensurate with experience. For immediate consideration, please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Search Committee, FDLC National Office, 415 Michigan Avenue, NE, Suite 70, Washington, DC 20017. or e-mail to email@example.com.