This is part of our free webinar series, The Liturgical Books.
View the full series of 16 webinars here.
Dr. James Starke of the Diocese of Arlington examines the beautiful rituals surrounding the dedication and blessing of our places of worship. Each chapter addresses various pastoral scenarios, including the laying of a foundation stone, the dedication of a new church, the dedication of a church that has been restored and is already in use, the dedication of an altar, and various blessings of worship spaces and items used for worship.
Originally presented Mar. 3, 2021. © FDLC 2021. All rights reserved
View more webinars in the Liturgical Books series:
• Overview: About the Liturgical Books with Rita Thiron
• The Process of Translation with Fr. Andrew Menke
• The Roman Missal with Fr. Matthew Ernest
• The Lectionary for Mass with Fr. Paul Turner
• The Order of Christian Initiation of Adults with Todd Williamson
• The Order of Baptism of Children with Rita Thiron
• The Order of Confirmation with Fr. Michael Lewis
• Holy Communion and Worship of the Eucharist Outside of Mass with Fr. John Thomas Lane, SSS
• The Rites of Ordination with Fr. Leon Strieder
• The Rite of Penance with Fr. Robert Kennedy
• Pastoral Care of the Sick with Leticia (Tish) Thornton
• The Order of Celebrating Matrimony with Fr. Thomas Ranzino
• The Book of Blessings with Dr. Patricia Hughes
• The Order of Christian Funerals with Fr. John Sauer
• The Order of the Dedication of a Church and an Altar with Dr. James Starke
• The Liturgy of the Hours with Christopher Ferraro