The new edition of The Ordination of Bishops, of Priests and of Deacons, the English translation of De Ordinatione episcopi, presbyterorum, et diaconorum, editio typica altera has been approved by the Congregation for Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments.
Archbishop José Gomez, President of the USCCB, has issued a Decree of Publication for the new text. A timeline follows:
- June 12, 2019 — USCCB approves the English translation for the USA
- February 22, 2021 — CDWDS confirms the translation on the Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter
- March 2021 — Notice is received by the USCCB (Prot. N. 509/19)
- April 1, 2021 — Archbishop Gomez issues a Decree of Publication on Holy Thursday
- Upon Publication — The text may be used in the dioceses of the USA
- November 28, 2021 (First Sunday of Advent) — The use of this translation is obligatory in the dioceses of the United States.