Salary: Negotiated with benefits
Reports to: Pastor
Supervises: Coordinator of Liturgy
Basic Objective: Under the supervision of the Pastor, to encourage full, active, conscious participation of the faithful at parish liturgies by providing musical support for parish celebration, directing Music Ministry, and participating in ongoing liturgy preparation & evaluation.
- Practicing Catholic preferred.
- Compliant with Catholic Church’s direction about the role of music in the Liturgy.
- Demonstrated ability to judge appropriateness of music for the Liturgy vs. other worship venues.
- Able to lead music and worship confidently.
- Collaborative team member.
- Excellent communication skills.
- BA in Music or equivalent.
- Excellent organ and piano skills with trained vocal skills.
- Experience and expertise with traditional and contemporary Catholic music.
- 3-5 years of experience:
- Leading worship
- Directing Adult and Children’s choirs
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate music leadership and support for Sunday and Holy Day Liturgies, Parish Missions, Parish
- Retreats, weddings, funerals, and other parish events as appropriate.
- Lead Music at weekend and Holy Day Liturgies.
- Prepare music plans for Liturgies.
- Provide and teach new music for use at the parish ensuring that music and texts are in accord with Catholic teachings and appropriate for the particular purpose, and in a way that ensures the fullest participation of the faithful.
- Create song sheets/worship aids as needed for special Liturgical celebrations such as Christmas and the Tridium.
- Create a schedule for music ministry including the choir for Sundays and Holy Days.
- Provide music for school liturgies.
- Organize a music concert yearly.
- Recruit and train individuals to participate in the music ministry.
- Recruit, train, and evaluate music leaders as necessary.
- Recruit, train and direct the Adult Choir to serve twice monthly.
- Recruit, train and direct the Children’s Choir for Christmas and monthly liturgies when fully
- Facilitate regular or occasional meeting/rehearsals for instruction, inspiration and communication for musicians supporting music at Mass and other parish events.
- Recruit, train, and direct musicians to play at Liturgies.
- Provide legal copies of music for all Musicians.
- Provide advice and guidance to couples and families for preparation of wedding and funeral Liturgies. Continue the current “Wedding Showcase” system twice yearly to introduce the couples to what music is appropriate for their ceremony and who is available to provide the music.
- Spearhead Liturgy Preparation Team meetings to review the calendar of upcoming Liturgical events.
- Collaborate in detailed planning of Liturgies.
- Coordinate with other groups to plan parish liturgical events.
- Manage budget for music, supplies and other equipment.
- Remain up to date with Liturgy documents.
- Manage/accomplish projects assigned by the Pastor.
- Collaborate with parish staff for parish functions.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Manage the Sound System.
- Other duties as assigned.
Contact: [email protected]