The Catholic Diocese of Lexington is seeking a Diocesan Director of Worship/Liturgy. The Worship/Liturgy Director for the Diocese of Lexington is a resource for liturgical services in the diocese and parishes. The Director provides direct education regarding liturgical worship and coordinates the planning for all major diocesan liturgies and oversees the planning for liturgies at which the Bishop presides. The Director provides guidance to the Diocesan Building Commission in reference to the renovation/construction of church buildings and sacred spaces. The Director coordinates RCIA for the diocese and serves as a resource for RCIA in parishes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Serve as primary liturgical contact person for the Bishop and chancery personnel Coordinate the planning of all major diocesan liturgies: Rite of Election, Chrism, ordinations, Diocesan Wedding Anniversary, Neophyte Mass, Diocesan Guadalupe Mass, priest/deacon funerals, etc.
– Review the parish liturgical planning for Confirmation Liturgies and all liturgies at which the Bishop presides
– Develop and deliver ongoing in-service to parish and school personnel on the tradition and meaning of liturgical prayer
– Formulate policies and procedures relating to sacramental worship
– Provide written information to parishes and schools regarding current liturgical issues
– Form and serve as the primary chancery liaison to a Diocesan Worship Commission
– Serve as primary contact for the Rite of Christian Initiation (RCIA) for the diocese
– Form and chair a Diocesan RCIA Commission and Diocesan Music Commission
– Develop, coordinate, and deliver in-services for the education and formation of RCIA teams in the parishes
– Maintain relevant webpages on the diocesan website regarding liturgy/worship and RCIA
– Train and assign Masters of Ceremonies as needed for liturgies with the Bishop
– Formulate short and long-term goals concerning the office
– Consult with parishes and other diocesan entities on liturgical best practices.
– Collaborate with the communication team through the management of diocesan social media pages (Facebook and Instagram) and writing articles and identifying story features for the diocesan magazine
– Propose and manage the program budget for the office
– Issue monthly instructions and information via News Notes regarding worship/liturgy
– Prepare and deliver a monthly report for the Bishop’s Delegate for Administration/Secretary of Pastoral Life
– Attend all department meetings
– Bachelor’s degree in Theology or Pastoral Studies with a concentration in Liturgy is required; a Master’s degree is preferred
– Must have 5+ years of worship/liturgy leadership experience
– A positive, team-oriented attitude with a servant-leader mindset
– An understanding of and commitment to the Catholic Church and its social teachings
– Experience working in a ministerial environment
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Time management skills
– Public speaking
– Strong writing and communication skills
– Available to travel to visit locations throughout the 50-county region of the diocese, as well as for mission speaking opportunities in the United States.
– Valid driver’s license.
– Extended periods of time spent at a desk and working on a computer
– Travel to visit parishes in the diocese’s 50-county region
– Work nights and weekends as needed.
– Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
The Worship/Liturgy Office is a ministry of the Diocese of Lexington and as such, the Director is called to…
– Serve as an example of charity to others
– Possess an understanding of and appreciation for the many responsibilities on parish leadership’s shoulders
– Counsel parish leadership and diocesan leadership on ways to incorporate best practices
– Incorporate prayer and presence into the practice of the office so as to attract people to the Church
Please send a cover letter, resume, and list of five (5) professional references to Greg Hodge, HR Director, at [email protected].