This is part of our free webinar series, The Liturgical Year.
View the full series of 10 webinars here.
Dr. James Starke of the Diocese of Arlington asks: How did our liturgical year develop? Did we always celebrate Christmas? What are the origins of Lent? What are “idea feasts?” When were saints’ days added? These and other questions will be answered as we explore the fascinating development of our liturgical year.
Originally presented April 21, 2021. © FDLC 2021. All rights reserved.
View more webinars in the Liturgical Year series:
• History and Theology of the Liturgical Year with Dr. James Starke
• Advent and Christmas with Fr. Dustin Dought
• Lent and Holy Week with Rita Thiron
• The Triduum with Msgr. Rick Hilgartner
• The Easter Season with Dr. Steve Janco
• Ordinary Time with Sr. Joyce Ann Zimmerman, C.PP.S
• Solemnities and Feasts of the Lord with Sr. Sharon McMillan, SNDdeN
• Solemnities, Feasts, Memorials of the Blessed Virgin Mary with Fr. James Marcus McFadin
• The Commemoration of the Saints with Fr. Bruce Cinquegrani
• A Practical Guide to the Calendar with Fr. Christopher Seibt