This is part of our free webinar series, The Liturgical Year.
View the full series of 10 webinars here.
Rita Thiron, the executive director of FDLC, notes that many associate Lent only with the traditional penitential disciplines. But this session will examine the historical development of this season, the rich orations of its liturgies, and the readings which have been assigned since ancient times. In addition, we will recognize how the Elect prepare for the Easter Sacraments and how the faithful accompany them as we continue our own baptismal journey.
Originally presented May 5, 2021. © FDLC 2021. All rights reserved.
View more webinars in the Liturgical Year series:
• History and Theology of the Liturgical Year with Dr. James Starke
• Advent and Christmas with Fr. Dustin Dought
• Lent and Holy Week with Rita Thiron
• The Triduum with Msgr. Rick Hilgartner
• The Easter Season with Dr. Steve Janco
• Ordinary Time with Sr. Joyce Ann Zimmerman, C.PP.S
• Solemnities and Feasts of the Lord with Sr. Sharon McMillan, SNDdeN
• Solemnities, Feasts, Memorials of the Blessed Virgin Mary with Fr. James Marcus McFadin
• The Commemoration of the Saints with Fr. Bruce Cinquegrani
• A Practical Guide to the Calendar with Fr. Christopher Seibt