This is part of our free webinar series, The Liturgical Year.
View the full series of 10 webinars here.
Sr. Joyce Ann Zimmerman, C.PP.S of the Athanaeum of Ohio and the University of Dayton observes that Ordinary Time is often thought of as the “orphan” of the liturgical seasons, outshined by the joy and glory of the festal seasons. Yet, it is hardly “ordinary” but truly “extraordinary.” It is our time to walk with Jesus through a gospel, learning what our baptismal living is all about. Ordinary Time is challenging, inspiring, rewarding.
Originally presented May 26, 2021. © FDLC 2021. All rights reserved.
View more webinars in the Liturgical Year series:
• History and Theology of the Liturgical Year with Dr. James Starke
• Advent and Christmas with Fr. Dustin Dought
• Lent and Holy Week with Rita Thiron
• The Triduum with Msgr. Rick Hilgartner
• The Easter Season with Dr. Steve Janco
• Ordinary Time with Sr. Joyce Ann Zimmerman, C.PP.S
• Solemnities and Feasts of the Lord with Sr. Sharon McMillan, SNDdeN
• Solemnities, Feasts, Memorials of the Blessed Virgin Mary with Fr. James Marcus McFadin
• The Commemoration of the Saints with Fr. Bruce Cinquegrani
• A Practical Guide to the Calendar with Fr. Christopher Seibt