This is part of our free webinar series, The Liturgical Year.
View the full series of 10 webinars here.
Sr. Sharon McMillan, SNDdeN of Santa Clara University focuses on the four Solemnities of the Lord in the Western Church: Holy Trinity, the Body and Blood of Christ, Sacred Heart, and Christ the King. Specific aspects include the historical and theological development of each, reform after the Second Vatican Council, an exploration of the orations and readings, and attention to contemporary pastoral issues. A much briefer presentation follows on the Feasts of the Lord common to all the liturgical families: the Presentation, Transfiguration, and Holy Cross.
Originally presented June 2, 2021. © FDLC 2021. All rights reserved.
View more webinars in the Liturgical Year series:
• History and Theology of the Liturgical Year with Dr. James Starke
• Advent and Christmas with Fr. Dustin Dought
• Lent and Holy Week with Rita Thiron
• The Triduum with Msgr. Rick Hilgartner
• The Easter Season with Dr. Steve Janco
• Ordinary Time with Sr. Joyce Ann Zimmerman, C.PP.S
• Solemnities and Feasts of the Lord with Sr. Sharon McMillan, SNDdeN
• Solemnities, Feasts, Memorials of the Blessed Virgin Mary with Fr. James Marcus McFadin
• The Commemoration of the Saints with Fr. Bruce Cinquegrani
• A Practical Guide to the Calendar with Fr. Christopher Seibt